Mac Lethal 11:11
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Rhymesayers
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
On 11:11, his official debut album, Kansas City’s Mac Lethal comes out swinging, bringing some clever lyrics, humor by the boatload, and a strong mic presence. Unfortunately, he has a tendency for lacing otherwise good songs with terrible hooks (“Pound that beer!”) and corny one-liners (“My tear ducts are dry”). Tracks like “Crazy” and “Rotten Apple Pie” are fun, but quickly become expendable after a couple listens. The closing track, “Sun Storm,” is the highpoint, and shows that with the right beat and concept, Mac can hold your attention. With that said, his songwriting setbacks make his debut a bit disappointing.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player