Mac Lethal 11:11
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Rhymesayers
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
On 11:11, his official debut album, Kansas City’s Mac Lethal comes out swinging, bringing some clever lyrics, humor by the boatload, and a strong mic presence. Unfortunately, he has a tendency for lacing otherwise good songs with terrible hooks (“Pound that beer!”) and corny one-liners (“My tear ducts are dry”). Tracks like “Crazy” and “Rotten Apple Pie” are fun, but quickly become expendable after a couple listens. The closing track, “Sun Storm,” is the highpoint, and shows that with the right beat and concept, Mac can hold your attention. With that said, his songwriting setbacks make his debut a bit disappointing.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player