Macka B Word, Sound & Power
- Words: David Katz
- Label: Jet Star
Produced by Tony "Ruff Cutt" Phillips, a stalwart of the British reggae scene, Word, Sound & Power is the first non-Ariwa album from Macka B. Mostly he's in top form, with tracks like the censorious "Mi Noh Bizniz," language-tracing "Jamaican," and lamenting "Those Days" delivering important messages with wit and humor; "Deep Bass Voice" even finds him wickedly emulating Barry White. Unfortunately, a few tracks would have benefited from more time in the studio, and "Children Children" falls flat because his kids sing off-key, but the good far outweighs the bad.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player