Macromantics Hyperbolic Logic
- Words: Julianne Shepherd
- Label: Penny Drop
John Kerry's people should hire Romy Hoffman as a speechwriter. With airtight lyricism, brooding, musty-basement beats and a directness that'd make apples and earthworms wither, the Australian MC known as Macromantics cuts to the inside; she fiercely asserts "The world isn't color or black and white/it's bloodshed," before dropping the beat to declare her mission: "Macromantics believes in peace and the kids." Like spiritual homeboys Aesop Rock and The Streets, she also directs her lyrics inward, questioning her psychic balance-but when she spits delicious consonant clusters like, "Yep/dead retro/mind's on death row/hang onto the cable for dear life/don't let go!" you think her cadence alone might be enough to save her.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player