Madlib Slim's Return
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Blue Note
It turns out that LA's wunderkind producer wasn't exactly finished messing around in Blue Note's vaults when he finished his album of remixes for the label from which "Slim's Return" originates. This plate finds Madlib juicing up Donald Byrd's "Steppin Into Tomorrow" with electro, floating some airy shuffle-funk through Horace Silver's "Dimples," and running an unreleased Mizell Brothers track, "Young Warrior," through both down- and uptempo phases. As usual with this guy, we're talking expertly reinterpreted jazz soul music.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player