Madlib Slim's Return
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Blue Note
It turns out that LA's wunderkind producer wasn't exactly finished messing around in Blue Note's vaults when he finished his album of remixes for the label from which "Slim's Return" originates. This plate finds Madlib juicing up Donald Byrd's "Steppin Into Tomorrow" with electro, floating some airy shuffle-funk through Horace Silver's "Dimples," and running an unreleased Mizell Brothers track, "Young Warrior," through both down- and uptempo phases. As usual with this guy, we're talking expertly reinterpreted jazz soul music.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player