Madlib Slim's Return
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Blue Note
It turns out that LA's wunderkind producer wasn't exactly finished messing around in Blue Note's vaults when he finished his album of remixes for the label from which "Slim's Return" originates. This plate finds Madlib juicing up Donald Byrd's "Steppin Into Tomorrow" with electro, floating some airy shuffle-funk through Horace Silver's "Dimples," and running an unreleased Mizell Brothers track, "Young Warrior," through both down- and uptempo phases. As usual with this guy, we're talking expertly reinterpreted jazz soul music.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player