Maetrik Casi Profundo
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Treibstoff
Dallas producer Maetrik (Eric Estornel) follows up 2002‘s excellent Quality Exertion with another collection of acutely calibrated dance music. Throughout Casi Profundo, Maetrik balances experimental and functional tendencies like a champ. At times he harks back to Chain Reaction‘s cavernous, rippled-metal dub techno, but with more soulfulness and less turgidity. At other points, Maetrik slips into dirty electro mutations that make Gescom sound stodgy. He makes distortion sound sleek and infuses soul into warped tones. Maetrik‘s ability to leverage several strange sounds into a track while still keeping asses shaking is impressive. DJs should be bumpin‘ this LP for years.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player