Magic Arrows Sweet Heavenly Angel Of Death
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Wobblyhead
Perhaps accidentally, Wisconsin producer Magic Arrows (Scott Beschta) has revitalized the unfashionable trip-hop genre. The time's ripe for a revival, and Sweet Heavenly Angel Of Death could be the catalyst-or it could simply work as one of those albums to which you'll wanna get buzzed. Opener "Uptown Devils" portends the blissed gist with a stretched "oohh" sample (Beach Boys?), an FX'ed blues-rock guitar riff, and a blasé funk rhythm akin to early Howie B. The bulk of Sweet is repetitive, but utterly hypnotic, stoned to the bone with no direction home and infusing a sublime ennui with blunted patience.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player