Magic Arrows Sweet Heavenly Angel Of Death
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Wobblyhead
Perhaps accidentally, Wisconsin producer Magic Arrows (Scott Beschta) has revitalized the unfashionable trip-hop genre. The time's ripe for a revival, and Sweet Heavenly Angel Of Death could be the catalyst-or it could simply work as one of those albums to which you'll wanna get buzzed. Opener "Uptown Devils" portends the blissed gist with a stretched "oohh" sample (Beach Boys?), an FX'ed blues-rock guitar riff, and a blasé funk rhythm akin to early Howie B. The bulk of Sweet is repetitive, but utterly hypnotic, stoned to the bone with no direction home and infusing a sublime ennui with blunted patience.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player