Magic Arrows Sweet Heavenly Angel Of Death
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Wobblyhead
Perhaps accidentally, Wisconsin producer Magic Arrows (Scott Beschta) has revitalized the unfashionable trip-hop genre. The time's ripe for a revival, and Sweet Heavenly Angel Of Death could be the catalyst-or it could simply work as one of those albums to which you'll wanna get buzzed. Opener "Uptown Devils" portends the blissed gist with a stretched "oohh" sample (Beach Boys?), an FX'ed blues-rock guitar riff, and a blasé funk rhythm akin to early Howie B. The bulk of Sweet is repetitive, but utterly hypnotic, stoned to the bone with no direction home and infusing a sublime ennui with blunted patience.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player