Mahjongg Raydoncong 2005
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Cold Crush
Named after the ancient Chinese card game that experienced considerable popularity in America after Westerners discovered it in the international colony of Shanghai, this Chicago/ Missouri quintet specializes in the kind of white funk that comes from listening to records from Africa to, erm, Shanghai. Like their debut Machinegong EP, Raydoncong reveals links to Remain in Light-era Talking Heads, "Overpowered By Funk"-era Clash, and perhaps even a little Bowie. But rather than come off like the most recent punk-funk appropriators preparing for stylized press shots, the group‘s loosely structured jams are refreshing, earnest, and just plain fun.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player