The Majesticons Beauty Party
- Words: Steve Nickolls
- Label: Big Dada
The Empire truly strikes back with the second part of Mike Ladd's Infesticons vs. Majesticons trilogy of albums for Big Dada. After the Infesticons' force for good rumbled the Majesticons' machinations on part one, Gun Hill Rd, the Majestic ones have changed tack, and exchanged ostentatious bling for the more cloaked and sinister forms of corporate collaboration and co-opting of the old money Trusticons. Mike Ladd is a genius of sorts, and he and his band of talented MCs drop this pantomime of irony with unerring accuracy. It's jiggy, it rocks, it shakes yer booty and, like the Bill Hicks of hip-hop, Mike Ladd is not only a funny dude, he's fuckin' right as well.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player