The Majesticons Beauty Party
- Words: Steve Nickolls
- Label: Big Dada
The Empire truly strikes back with the second part of Mike Ladd's Infesticons vs. Majesticons trilogy of albums for Big Dada. After the Infesticons' force for good rumbled the Majesticons' machinations on part one, Gun Hill Rd, the Majestic ones have changed tack, and exchanged ostentatious bling for the more cloaked and sinister forms of corporate collaboration and co-opting of the old money Trusticons. Mike Ladd is a genius of sorts, and he and his band of talented MCs drop this pantomime of irony with unerring accuracy. It's jiggy, it rocks, it shakes yer booty and, like the Bill Hicks of hip-hop, Mike Ladd is not only a funny dude, he's fuckin' right as well.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player