Man Man “Top Drawer” from Rabbit Habits
- Words: Chris Cohen
- Label: Anti-
The chorus is strangely pretty to me, made up of one big chord–even though it sounds like the guy’s saying something about hot dogs. It’s a lurching half-tempo kind of song, with carefully layered electric pianos, guitars, and marimbas. I like all the syncopation, which sounds really good on headphones. And then there’s a really nice kind of instrumental section (like Xhol Caravan or Soft Machine or something), which I think makes the chorus prettier each time you hear it. This music takes its time to build and make its statement.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player