Man Man “Top Drawer” from Rabbit Habits
- Words: Chris Cohen
- Label: Anti-
The chorus is strangely pretty to me, made up of one big chord–even though it sounds like the guy’s saying something about hot dogs. It’s a lurching half-tempo kind of song, with carefully layered electric pianos, guitars, and marimbas. I like all the syncopation, which sounds really good on headphones. And then there’s a really nice kind of instrumental section (like Xhol Caravan or Soft Machine or something), which I think makes the chorus prettier each time you hear it. This music takes its time to build and make its statement.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player