Manasseh Meets the Equalizer Step Like Pepper
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Select Cuts
Smoked-out, dusted, what have you-Nick Manasseh's latest project explores otherworldly dreamscapes punctured by thick, throbbing bass. Not that this is typical stoner music, of course. Manasseh has teamed up with longtime partner the Equalizer for yet another round of heady, tripped-out, yet surprisingly restrained dub infused with reggae and jazz. Step Like Pepper twists and turns plenty of organic, acoustic elements with subtle vocal snippets and lazy beats-think more along the lines of a sun-soaked afternoon in Jamaica than Snoop's Doggy Fizzle Televizzle-style weirdness and claustrophobia.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player