Manasseh Meets the Equalizer Step Like Pepper
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Select Cuts
Smoked-out, dusted, what have you-Nick Manasseh's latest project explores otherworldly dreamscapes punctured by thick, throbbing bass. Not that this is typical stoner music, of course. Manasseh has teamed up with longtime partner the Equalizer for yet another round of heady, tripped-out, yet surprisingly restrained dub infused with reggae and jazz. Step Like Pepper twists and turns plenty of organic, acoustic elements with subtle vocal snippets and lazy beats-think more along the lines of a sun-soaked afternoon in Jamaica than Snoop's Doggy Fizzle Televizzle-style weirdness and claustrophobia.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player