Manasseh Meets the Equalizer Step Like Pepper
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Select Cuts
Smoked-out, dusted, what have you-Nick Manasseh's latest project explores otherworldly dreamscapes punctured by thick, throbbing bass. Not that this is typical stoner music, of course. Manasseh has teamed up with longtime partner the Equalizer for yet another round of heady, tripped-out, yet surprisingly restrained dub infused with reggae and jazz. Step Like Pepper twists and turns plenty of organic, acoustic elements with subtle vocal snippets and lazy beats-think more along the lines of a sun-soaked afternoon in Jamaica than Snoop's Doggy Fizzle Televizzle-style weirdness and claustrophobia.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player