Manasseh Meets the Equalizer Step Like Pepper
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Select Cuts
Smoked-out, dusted, what have you-Nick Manasseh's latest project explores otherworldly dreamscapes punctured by thick, throbbing bass. Not that this is typical stoner music, of course. Manasseh has teamed up with longtime partner the Equalizer for yet another round of heady, tripped-out, yet surprisingly restrained dub infused with reggae and jazz. Step Like Pepper twists and turns plenty of organic, acoustic elements with subtle vocal snippets and lazy beats-think more along the lines of a sun-soaked afternoon in Jamaica than Snoop's Doggy Fizzle Televizzle-style weirdness and claustrophobia.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player