Manitoba Up In Flames
- Words: Selena Hs
- Label: Domino
The cover art of Up in Flames features photos skewed through some hypercolor lens, staining all with a dense, polychrome psychedelic glow. It's perfect for Dan Snaith's second folktronic album, a shambling, delicately dazzling mess that sets off gorgeous pyrotechnics throughout. "Skunks"'s pastoral, fat twanging beat fills out with sizzling walls of ambience and a flittering, free-skronking horn. "Hendrix with Ko" launches skywards with a Beach Boys ode, sunny harp and a big break, full of yellow gold rays bending at impossible angles, and ending with the super-catchiest rollicking handclap outro. For dizzying spirals you can ooh and aaah to, this album stuns and stuns again. Blaze on.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player