Mara Carlyle The Lovely
- Words: Gerald ‘GIK‘ Kelleher
- Label: Accidental
Known for her work with Dani Siciliano, Plaid, and Matthew Herbert, Carlyle is finally out on her own with this powerfully delicate and captivating album. Her vocals soar effortlessly into registers that would make Liz Fraser blush. Lyrically the songs are purposeful, powerful yet disarmingly simple. The album is co-produced by the men of Plaid, who mix slight beats with an array of instrumentation including piano, double bass, ukelele, saw, and beautiful string arrangements. Carlyle‘s voice is that of the human spirit. Truly magnificent.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player