Mara Carlyle The Lovely
- Words: Gerald ‘GIK‘ Kelleher
- Label: Accidental
Known for her work with Dani Siciliano, Plaid, and Matthew Herbert, Carlyle is finally out on her own with this powerfully delicate and captivating album. Her vocals soar effortlessly into registers that would make Liz Fraser blush. Lyrically the songs are purposeful, powerful yet disarmingly simple. The album is co-produced by the men of Plaid, who mix slight beats with an array of instrumentation including piano, double bass, ukelele, saw, and beautiful string arrangements. Carlyle‘s voice is that of the human spirit. Truly magnificent.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player