Mara Carlyle The Lovely
- Words: Gerald ‘GIK‘ Kelleher
- Label: Accidental
Known for her work with Dani Siciliano, Plaid, and Matthew Herbert, Carlyle is finally out on her own with this powerfully delicate and captivating album. Her vocals soar effortlessly into registers that would make Liz Fraser blush. Lyrically the songs are purposeful, powerful yet disarmingly simple. The album is co-produced by the men of Plaid, who mix slight beats with an array of instrumentation including piano, double bass, ukelele, saw, and beautiful string arrangements. Carlyle‘s voice is that of the human spirit. Truly magnificent.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player