Marbert Rocel Speed Emotions
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Compost
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Marbert Rocel sounds like one person, but three people actually make up the moniker: Marcel Aue produces, DJs, and mixes; Robert Krause produces, DJs, and makes visual art; and Antje Selfarth contributes cool and collected vocals. Still, from the first few seconds of Marbert Rocel’s eclectic debut album, it’s clear the trio isn’t interested in conventional paths. The disc is a sunny, laid-back blend of disco, downtempo, pop, jazz, and more–none of it easily classifiable, all of it easily enjoyed. Of course, many of these tracks might prove difficult to fit into sets (and certainly wouldn’t work for peak time on the floor), but their delectable quirkiness makes them worthy of repeat listens.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player