Marbert Rocel Speed Emotions
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Compost
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Marbert Rocel sounds like one person, but three people actually make up the moniker: Marcel Aue produces, DJs, and mixes; Robert Krause produces, DJs, and makes visual art; and Antje Selfarth contributes cool and collected vocals. Still, from the first few seconds of Marbert Rocel’s eclectic debut album, it’s clear the trio isn’t interested in conventional paths. The disc is a sunny, laid-back blend of disco, downtempo, pop, jazz, and more–none of it easily classifiable, all of it easily enjoyed. Of course, many of these tracks might prove difficult to fit into sets (and certainly wouldn’t work for peak time on the floor), but their delectable quirkiness makes them worthy of repeat listens.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player