Marc Romboy Systematic Colours Volume Two
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Systematic
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Since establishing his own Berlin-based label, Systematic, back in 2004, Marc Romboy has released a number of club-ready, Chicago house-style singles and two full-lengths in collaboration with other well-known genre staples like Booka Shade, Chelonis R. Jones, and John Dahlbäck-the latter two appearing on the first Systematic Colours compilation. Volume Two seamlessly transitions between tracks like the pretty “Callisto,” which places Romboy alongside Stephan Bodzin, and “Softeur,” whose rhythmic churning comes courtesy of Hugo & Daniele Papini. Another choice cut is Ante Perry vs. Babylon Robots' “3 A.M.,” which features an anxious synth that dissipates into a classic throbbing house groove perfect for peak time.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player