Marc Romboy Systematic Colours Volume Two
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Systematic
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Since establishing his own Berlin-based label, Systematic, back in 2004, Marc Romboy has released a number of club-ready, Chicago house-style singles and two full-lengths in collaboration with other well-known genre staples like Booka Shade, Chelonis R. Jones, and John Dahlbäck-the latter two appearing on the first Systematic Colours compilation. Volume Two seamlessly transitions between tracks like the pretty “Callisto,” which places Romboy alongside Stephan Bodzin, and “Softeur,” whose rhythmic churning comes courtesy of Hugo & Daniele Papini. Another choice cut is Ante Perry vs. Babylon Robots' “3 A.M.,” which features an anxious synth that dissipates into a classic throbbing house groove perfect for peak time.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player