Marc Romboy Systematic Colours Volume Two
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Systematic
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Since establishing his own Berlin-based label, Systematic, back in 2004, Marc Romboy has released a number of club-ready, Chicago house-style singles and two full-lengths in collaboration with other well-known genre staples like Booka Shade, Chelonis R. Jones, and John Dahlbäck-the latter two appearing on the first Systematic Colours compilation. Volume Two seamlessly transitions between tracks like the pretty “Callisto,” which places Romboy alongside Stephan Bodzin, and “Softeur,” whose rhythmic churning comes courtesy of Hugo & Daniele Papini. Another choice cut is Ante Perry vs. Babylon Robots' “3 A.M.,” which features an anxious synth that dissipates into a classic throbbing house groove perfect for peak time.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player