Marc Romboy Systematic Colours Volume Two
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Systematic
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Since establishing his own Berlin-based label, Systematic, back in 2004, Marc Romboy has released a number of club-ready, Chicago house-style singles and two full-lengths in collaboration with other well-known genre staples like Booka Shade, Chelonis R. Jones, and John Dahlbäck-the latter two appearing on the first Systematic Colours compilation. Volume Two seamlessly transitions between tracks like the pretty “Callisto,” which places Romboy alongside Stephan Bodzin, and “Softeur,” whose rhythmic churning comes courtesy of Hugo & Daniele Papini. Another choice cut is Ante Perry vs. Babylon Robots' “3 A.M.,” which features an anxious synth that dissipates into a classic throbbing house groove perfect for peak time.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player