Marcus Nasty Rinse: 10
By now, any electronic music aficionado with a pulse has heard of UK funky. Punctuated by shuffling garage beats, tropical-flavored percussion, and R&B flair, the music is the latest in a long line of post-garage urban sounds emanating from the British Isles. One of the scene's figureheads is Marcus Nasty, founding member of legendary grime collective N.A.S.T.Y. Crew, who took notice of this new crop of producers—most of them coming from grime—making this new mutant house strain and quickly began promoting the sound on Rinse FM. Now he's unveiling Rinse: 10, an overstuffed compilation of funky house snippets, many of them exclusive and unreleased. While Nasty's mixing isn't always on point, Rinse: 10 is a fun, bubblin' mix that's more than adequate as a funky primer and contains choice selections from fellow scene heavyweights like Roska, Geeneus, Lil Silva, Crazy Cousinz, Fuzzy Logic, and Ill Blu.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player