Marek Bois Boissche Untiefen
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Rrygular
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
German producer Niklas Worgt (who also records outstanding experimental electronic music as Dapayk) has just added 10 more specimens to the vast warehouse of high-quality techno that–without getting all Panglossian about it–inundates the real and virtual bins every week. Boissche Untiefen finds our Bois getting functional for the dancefloor. His music contains a seriousness of intent, but it’s leavened with slapstick accents. “Now!,” for instance, uses what sounds like the strident screech of a stylus being yanked off a record for percussive effect. The textures on “Dapss” could be crashing waves, a hailstorm, or frying bacon. But Bois’ default mode is minimal, driving, and slightly unnerving–foreshadowing, if we’re lucky, what thriller soundtracks of the near future will be.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player