Marek Bois Boissche Untiefen
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Rrygular
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
German producer Niklas Worgt (who also records outstanding experimental electronic music as Dapayk) has just added 10 more specimens to the vast warehouse of high-quality techno that–without getting all Panglossian about it–inundates the real and virtual bins every week. Boissche Untiefen finds our Bois getting functional for the dancefloor. His music contains a seriousness of intent, but it’s leavened with slapstick accents. “Now!,” for instance, uses what sounds like the strident screech of a stylus being yanked off a record for percussive effect. The textures on “Dapss” could be crashing waves, a hailstorm, or frying bacon. But Bois’ default mode is minimal, driving, and slightly unnerving–foreshadowing, if we’re lucky, what thriller soundtracks of the near future will be.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player