Mark Farina Live in Tokyo
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Om
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Chi-Town’s Mark Farina brought his love of sax-dipped notes and jazzy house to his adopted city of San Francisco many years ago, and his following has endured. His Live in Tokyo mix opens with some unnecessary intro in Japanese, but quickly melts into the mellow instrumental and vocal-steeped house grooves that Farina is known for. With this type of house music, a little variation goes a long way; if anything, Farina keeps his mix a bit too locked at the same flow throughout most of this set. Look for Greenskeepers’ “Trouble” and Freaks’ “Boiling Point” to add some funky, hip-swiveling snares and percussive edge to this upbeat mix.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player