Mark Farina Live in Tokyo
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Om
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Chi-Town’s Mark Farina brought his love of sax-dipped notes and jazzy house to his adopted city of San Francisco many years ago, and his following has endured. His Live in Tokyo mix opens with some unnecessary intro in Japanese, but quickly melts into the mellow instrumental and vocal-steeped house grooves that Farina is known for. With this type of house music, a little variation goes a long way; if anything, Farina keeps his mix a bit too locked at the same flow throughout most of this set. Look for Greenskeepers’ “Trouble” and Freaks’ “Boiling Point” to add some funky, hip-swiveling snares and percussive edge to this upbeat mix.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player