Mark Ronson Version
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: RCA
Rebounding from the commercial failure of his 2003 debut Here Comes the Fuzz, producer Mark Ronson steps out from the gleaming spotlight of the vindicating successes of producing Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse to issue this brilliant sophomore bag of renditions with retro flair. Ronson unabashedly jacks tunes from Coldplay, The Smiths, and Radiohead, retrofitting them with a sublime, '60s Northern soul swagger replete with full horn sections and dusty kicks and snares. In addition to Winehouse and Allen, this throwback jamboree includes guests Kenna, Robbie Williams, and newcomer Daniel Merriweather. His cover of Britney Spears' "Toxic," laced with fatback brass and throwaway verses from ODB, is worth the price of admission to this hucklebuckin' Wigan Casino affair.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player