Marsen Jules Herbstlaub
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: City Centre Offices
It seems all too simple. Everybody loves a fucking orchestra. So throw one together with some samples and even the electro kids go home happy. But upon each revealing layer of soaring emotion, each successive second of sound, the depth of compositional brilliance possessed by Marsen Jules complicates this simpleminded foolishness. An ambient album that mixes samples of a symphony rehearsal in with his own instruments, Herbstlaub ("Autumn Leaves"), evolves as an homage to the radical redefining of sound, how we hear it, and who in fact is responsible for its origin.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player