Marsen Jules Herbstlaub
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: City Centre Offices
It seems all too simple. Everybody loves a fucking orchestra. So throw one together with some samples and even the electro kids go home happy. But upon each revealing layer of soaring emotion, each successive second of sound, the depth of compositional brilliance possessed by Marsen Jules complicates this simpleminded foolishness. An ambient album that mixes samples of a symphony rehearsal in with his own instruments, Herbstlaub ("Autumn Leaves"), evolves as an homage to the radical redefining of sound, how we hear it, and who in fact is responsible for its origin.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player