Marsen Jules Herbstlaub
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: City Centre Offices
It seems all too simple. Everybody loves a fucking orchestra. So throw one together with some samples and even the electro kids go home happy. But upon each revealing layer of soaring emotion, each successive second of sound, the depth of compositional brilliance possessed by Marsen Jules complicates this simpleminded foolishness. An ambient album that mixes samples of a symphony rehearsal in with his own instruments, Herbstlaub ("Autumn Leaves"), evolves as an homage to the radical redefining of sound, how we hear it, and who in fact is responsible for its origin.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player