Marsen Jules Herbstlaub
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: City Centre Offices
It seems all too simple. Everybody loves a fucking orchestra. So throw one together with some samples and even the electro kids go home happy. But upon each revealing layer of soaring emotion, each successive second of sound, the depth of compositional brilliance possessed by Marsen Jules complicates this simpleminded foolishness. An ambient album that mixes samples of a symphony rehearsal in with his own instruments, Herbstlaub ("Autumn Leaves"), evolves as an homage to the radical redefining of sound, how we hear it, and who in fact is responsible for its origin.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- PodcastGunnar Haslam
XLR8R Downloads Player