Martin Dash Model Turned Programmer
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: STiR15
This seems like a bit of a strange career move, but swapping the catwalks for the studio turns out to have been a good move for Dash. After contributing to the much-applauded City Slickers series and releasing a slew of 12"s, his name should be familiar to those with an interest in both house and fashion. "Motorcycle Emptiness" is vaguely reminiscent of Germany's electronic pioneers, with its slipping beats, wonder synth, pleasing keys and thunderous bass. Model Turned Programmer represents a melting pot of styles that combine at a laid-back, yet distinctly housey tempo.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player