Martin Gadgil Partykle Science EP
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Megabop
New Zealand-raised Londoner Gadgil offers up a much-needed atmospheric-yet-kinetic take on d & b that borders on dubby psychedelia without dipping into indulgence. The title track emphasizes whooshing electronics over bassy machismo, and works well on those merits. The flip's "Proto Clown" goes slower and more marauding, with reptilian bass blurps and ominous atmospheres, while "Days When" rolls more contemplatively electro. A gutsy group of jams.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player