Martin Peter Enough Of This?!
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Angora Steel
When a metal/hardcore fan goes electronic you know it‘s gotta be interesting, if not entertaining. Martin Peter‘s use of hardcore‘s amped-up tempo and quick timing shifts is interesting, but it‘s the added elements that makes it entertaining. Peter transforms his synthesizers into a reverbed-out lead guitar, swirling its loops with a disco sheen to counter his own growling vocals and whipping up some darkwave melodies to match guest vocalist Felix Neuenhoff‘s classic croon. Peter‘s attempt to combine dance and hardcore is fairly compelling...and flashes a little flair at the same time.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player