Martin Peter Enough Of This?!
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Angora Steel
When a metal/hardcore fan goes electronic you know it‘s gotta be interesting, if not entertaining. Martin Peter‘s use of hardcore‘s amped-up tempo and quick timing shifts is interesting, but it‘s the added elements that makes it entertaining. Peter transforms his synthesizers into a reverbed-out lead guitar, swirling its loops with a disco sheen to counter his own growling vocals and whipping up some darkwave melodies to match guest vocalist Felix Neuenhoff‘s classic croon. Peter‘s attempt to combine dance and hardcore is fairly compelling...and flashes a little flair at the same time.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player