Martina Topley-Bird “Baby Blue”
- Words: Rica Ambis
- Label: Independiente
We have been listening to Martina since Tricky's Maxinquaye album, and she always surprises us with her songs–she's always experimenting. The Blue God is quite different from her debut LP, Quixotic. With a quick listen and a peek at the artwork you sense a Japanese influence and some big pop flavor. “Baby Blue” has a '60s feel–beautiful melody with some great Danger Mouse production. He is always ahead in a way-back kind of way.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player