Martina Topley-Bird “Baby Blue”
- Words: Rica Ambis
- Label: Independiente
We have been listening to Martina since Tricky's Maxinquaye album, and she always surprises us with her songs–she's always experimenting. The Blue God is quite different from her debut LP, Quixotic. With a quick listen and a peek at the artwork you sense a Japanese influence and some big pop flavor. “Baby Blue” has a '60s feel–beautiful melody with some great Danger Mouse production. He is always ahead in a way-back kind of way.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player