Mash Up Soundsystem A Great Escape from Lunacy
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Hive Records
Mash Up Soundsystem mashes it up in the old-school, soundsystem-on-overdrive-with-messed-up-beats way, and not in the pop-radio-friendly mash-up way. Problem is, what makes for a good live show can quickly become uninteresting on record. You can hand it to them for eclectic beats and tempos as well as funny samples, but at 23 tracks, the album feels incoherent and drenched in distortion simply for its own sake. Something for folks already into the scene but not likely to make any converts.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player