- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Skam
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
Yanking material from various archival formats, Graham Massey fills the 16-year hole in the Massonix release schedule with live tracks from yesteryear... Hooray. While there's no denying the eclectic merit of his work, the jittery melodies of "Debussa" and the step-sequenced cadence of tracks like "March of the Triton Titans" probably lost something while being snipped and packaged as individual album tracks. Disjointed as it might feel at times, Subtracks is still a fun, retrospective ride through candy-factory synth-noodling, experimental-jazz daydreams, and deep-sea transmissions, but, for Skam, it feels like filler.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player