- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Skam
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
Yanking material from various archival formats, Graham Massey fills the 16-year hole in the Massonix release schedule with live tracks from yesteryear... Hooray. While there's no denying the eclectic merit of his work, the jittery melodies of "Debussa" and the step-sequenced cadence of tracks like "March of the Triton Titans" probably lost something while being snipped and packaged as individual album tracks. Disjointed as it might feel at times, Subtracks is still a fun, retrospective ride through candy-factory synth-noodling, experimental-jazz daydreams, and deep-sea transmissions, but, for Skam, it feels like filler.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
XLR8R Downloads Player