Masta Killa Digi Warfare
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Nature Sounds
Your boy Elgin Turner, the ninth member of that Wu bunch (who are 'bout to cut a contract with Tariq Aziz' hear), gets loose old-school style on an uptempo Eric B.-ish rhythm laced with scratch noise and electric cowbell. On the flip's "No Said Date," the tempo remains up, and the Killa flows with that inimitable subtlety alongside those sweet Wu strings, lettin' ya know that if "truth be the life preserver, ya can't drown." No, the Wu hasn't gone anywhere, and yet they're still back.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player