Mateo & Matos Enter Our World
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Glasgow Underground
This enigmatic duo has done some notable work in their time, including the now classic "New York Style," which still mashes up deep house and tech-house dance floors some five years later. Instead of proffering pastiches of Afrobeat rhythms, they take the sound that so heavily influences them and injects a New York-centric vibe, which makes for some heady dance-floor fodder. Enter Our World is no exception. Sure, it has a little bit of fat that could be trimmed here and there, but overall, it's a seismic, rump-shaking collection of top-notch funkiness.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player