Mateo & Matos Enter Our World
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Glasgow Underground
This enigmatic duo has done some notable work in their time, including the now classic "New York Style," which still mashes up deep house and tech-house dance floors some five years later. Instead of proffering pastiches of Afrobeat rhythms, they take the sound that so heavily influences them and injects a New York-centric vibe, which makes for some heady dance-floor fodder. Enter Our World is no exception. Sure, it has a little bit of fat that could be trimmed here and there, but overall, it's a seismic, rump-shaking collection of top-notch funkiness.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player