Mathias Schaffhauser Selected Remixes VOL. 1
- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Multicolor
Relatively unknown outside the tight circles of Germany's tech-house scene, Mathias Schaffhauser has been creating major waves for more adventurous dancefloors. While this collection of his best remix work might be considered "minimal," the tracks are anything but: multilayered, heavily detailed sound evolutions that often take surprising twists, like the bongo breakdown in Digital South's "No Good," or the point in Luomo's "Tessio" that could be grimy UK garage if not for the Basic Channel-esque filterisms bouncing around the soundfield. An often quirky but solidly funky release.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player