Mathias Schaffhauser Selected Remixes VOL. 1
- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Multicolor
Relatively unknown outside the tight circles of Germany's tech-house scene, Mathias Schaffhauser has been creating major waves for more adventurous dancefloors. While this collection of his best remix work might be considered "minimal," the tracks are anything but: multilayered, heavily detailed sound evolutions that often take surprising twists, like the bongo breakdown in Digital South's "No Good," or the point in Luomo's "Tessio" that could be grimy UK garage if not for the Basic Channel-esque filterisms bouncing around the soundfield. An often quirky but solidly funky release.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player