Matias Aguayo Are You Really Lost?
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Kompakt
At its best, Eurosleaze is equally suitable for dancing, drugging or decapitating, and Matias Aguayo's latest is no exception; songs like "Radiotaxi" are perfect for a decadent night on the town. Formerly one half of the tech-house duo Closer Musik, Aguayo is, well, more minimal than others, even while creating "Billie Jean" moments for could-be Argento soundtracks. Unashamed ‘80s synths and skeletal drums give this music Italo charisma, but it retains its stark edges. In the end you aren't lost at all, you've just found a really clever disc.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player