Matias Aguayo Are You Really Lost?
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Kompakt
At its best, Eurosleaze is equally suitable for dancing, drugging or decapitating, and Matias Aguayo's latest is no exception; songs like "Radiotaxi" are perfect for a decadent night on the town. Formerly one half of the tech-house duo Closer Musik, Aguayo is, well, more minimal than others, even while creating "Billie Jean" moments for could-be Argento soundtracks. Unashamed ‘80s synths and skeletal drums give this music Italo charisma, but it retains its stark edges. In the end you aren't lost at all, you've just found a really clever disc.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player