Matias Aguayo Are You Really Lost?
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Kompakt
At its best, Eurosleaze is equally suitable for dancing, drugging or decapitating, and Matias Aguayo's latest is no exception; songs like "Radiotaxi" are perfect for a decadent night on the town. Formerly one half of the tech-house duo Closer Musik, Aguayo is, well, more minimal than others, even while creating "Billie Jean" moments for could-be Argento soundtracks. Unashamed ‘80s synths and skeletal drums give this music Italo charisma, but it retains its stark edges. In the end you aren't lost at all, you've just found a really clever disc.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player