Matmos The Rose Has Teeth in the Mouth of a Beast
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Matador
What do Valerie Solanas (the feminist writer who shot Andy Warhol), Darby Crash (The Germs' lead singer who needled himself to an early grave), and William S. Burroughs (the pesticide fanatic who penned Naked Lunch) have in common? Why not ask Matmos, who drum up some scary aural homages to these figures and other debauched savants on their fifth studio album, The Rose Has Teeth in the Mouth of a Beast. Decidedly eerie in its exploration of the tortured soul, the record is a gritty, alien detour from the warmth of The Civil War, and maybe a bit too conceptual for its own good.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player