Matrix & Danny J Vertigo
- Words: High Contrast
- Label: Metro
I'm loving Matrix's new housey d&b sound, as heard on the massive "Trippin'." It's not the usual Rhodes chords or disco loops-he takes influence from more contemporary artists like Rui Da Silva and Underworld. This track is really sweet, with a subtle vocal repeated and filtered in the background ? la Underworld, which leads into an emotive three-note chord/bass riff-very tech-house sounding. It's a solid roller backed with a house mix by Goldtrix.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player