Matt Elliot The Mess We Made
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Domino
Revealing a fondness for drifting in and out of sleep that he shares with My Bloody Valentine's Kevin Shields, Matt Elliott claims that most of his ideas are derived from hypnogogic or hypnopompic conditions-respectively, the partially conscious states of drowsiness experienced before sleeping or awakening. From this somnolence, Elliott crafts the most beautiful but unnerving recordings. For the most part eschewing the clattering breakbeats of his previous Third Eye Foundation project in favor of mournful and warped chamber music, Elliott frequently deploys his own eerily stretched and indistinct vocals. This decision to foreground his own voice-self may explain why Elliott has chosen to release music under his own name rather than exhume his former alter-ego.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player