Matt Elliot The Mess We Made
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Domino
Revealing a fondness for drifting in and out of sleep that he shares with My Bloody Valentine's Kevin Shields, Matt Elliott claims that most of his ideas are derived from hypnogogic or hypnopompic conditions-respectively, the partially conscious states of drowsiness experienced before sleeping or awakening. From this somnolence, Elliott crafts the most beautiful but unnerving recordings. For the most part eschewing the clattering breakbeats of his previous Third Eye Foundation project in favor of mournful and warped chamber music, Elliott frequently deploys his own eerily stretched and indistinct vocals. This decision to foreground his own voice-self may explain why Elliott has chosen to release music under his own name rather than exhume his former alter-ego.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player