Matthew Dear Body Language Vol. 7
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Get Physical
Immune to trends and serving only the hypnotic pulse, Matthew Dear takes command of the Body Language series and pilots it directly into the all-consuming heart of current house and techno. Dear's selections take both Body and Language literally, supplying an hour of rounded beats to quicken the pulse, but let tracks like Diz's “No Way” spill echoed fragments of multiple languages, spoken and sung, into the mix to tickle the mind. Other places creep in, like Kid Sublime's summer streets and Soulphicitions' downtown drive “Traffic Lights,” but this corporeal sorcery comes strictly from house's dancefloor laboratory.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player