Matthew Dear Body Language Vol. 7
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Get Physical
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Immune to trends and serving only the hypnotic pulse, Matthew Dear takes command of the Body Language series and pilots it directly into the all-consuming heart of current house and techno. Dear's selections take both Body and Language literally; he supplies an hour of rounded beats to quicken the pulse, but lets tracks like Diz's “No Way”–with its echoed fragments of multiple languages, spoken and sung–spill into the mix to tickle the mind. Other sensations creep in, like Kid Sublime‘s summer scenes and Soulphicition's driving “Traffic Lights,” but most of this corporeal sorcery comes strictly from house's dancefloor laboratory.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player