Matthew Dear Body Language Vol. 7
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Get Physical
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Immune to trends and serving only the hypnotic pulse, Matthew Dear takes command of the Body Language series and pilots it directly into the all-consuming heart of current house and techno. Dear's selections take both Body and Language literally; he supplies an hour of rounded beats to quicken the pulse, but lets tracks like Diz's “No Way”–with its echoed fragments of multiple languages, spoken and sung–spill into the mix to tickle the mind. Other sensations creep in, like Kid Sublime‘s summer scenes and Soulphicition's driving “Traffic Lights,” but most of this corporeal sorcery comes strictly from house's dancefloor laboratory.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player