Matthew Hawtin Once Again, Again
Just in terms of its sheer volume, this mixed archive of chillout moods and grooves from the early to mid-1990s is an essential audio document. One of the features of this release is a digital-only, three-hour-plus continuous mix that includes tracks by Peter Namlook, Sun Electric, MLO, Theorem, and FUSE. Matthew Hawtin, who often served as somnolent counterpoint to the body-buzzing menace and mania of brother Richie's main-room DJ sets, does a splendid job of blending together largely static material that had an almost instant expiration date upon its initial release, and whose main function was to calm and de-electrify a battered nervous system.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player