Max Richter Songs From Before
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Fat Cat
As an acclaimed contemporary composer, Max Richter has shown an impressive consistency in the quality of his work. Following 2004's The Blue Notebooks and his production work on folkie Vashti Bunyan's acclaimed Lookaftering, Songs From Before is a fitting next chapter in his career. Building off the format of Notebooks, Songs From Before pairs Richter's warm piano compositions with readings of text written by novelist Haruki Murakami. And with its string section and carefully employed radio hiss, Songs From Before,/i> is a deeply moving, near-sacred work.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player