Max Tundra Parallax Error Beheads You
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Domino
Where to even begin with Max Tundra? He seems to exist in a musical kitchen entirely his own, cooking up manic programming, grating a block of free-jazz swiftitude with retrofuture analog synths, distilling down unpredictable chord changes and finely chopped electronic beats through his Amiga 500 into a concentrated stew of appealing weirdness. Blend in Tundra's earnest quest for a wife expressed in catchy, hyper-specific lyrics and it's an unpredictable electro-cabaret dinner served with unparalleled charm and goofy glee, a million-course meal stuffed into one disc from the singular mind of an itinerant musical chef.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player