Max Tundra Parallax Error Beheads You
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Domino
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
The first album from British multi-MIDI-instrumentalist Max Tundra in six years, these 10 tracks appropriately share a name with a phenomenon of angular displacement. Tundra’s tonal OCD shifts unrelentingly, rocking the point of perception from plane to plane. The one constant is spry pop instincts. Before Jamie Lidell hiccupped through the Motown and Stax catalogs, Tundra explored Paisley Park. These days he’s mixing diced funk with Scritti Politti’s wordplay and falsetto synth-pop patches. Then steps in the vintage sequencer’s gleeful micro-editing, which plays the part of twitchy hype man to the most exuberant, accessible hooks of Tundra’s career, mechanically galvanized to the max on “Which Song,” “Orphaned,” “Number Our Days,” and “Until We Die.”
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player