Maylay Sparks Graymatter
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Rapster
Rappers sound best when they're least aware of themselves. Exhibit A: Maylay Sparks. The cat can blab about smokin' dutches or doing the nasty all he wants, because, whatever the subject, he'll still sound fresh-he doesn't so much spit lyrics as chuck them at you. This guy definitely deserves the best, sexiest beats and fortunately his cabal of producers (the best of whom is DJ Noize) come through on Graymatter for the most part. The only tracks that don't bump are "The Suare" and "Head Check"-yo, someone give those joints new boobs and a rhinoplasty.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player