Maylay Sparks Graymatter
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Rapster
Rappers sound best when they're least aware of themselves. Exhibit A: Maylay Sparks. The cat can blab about smokin' dutches or doing the nasty all he wants, because, whatever the subject, he'll still sound fresh-he doesn't so much spit lyrics as chuck them at you. This guy definitely deserves the best, sexiest beats and fortunately his cabal of producers (the best of whom is DJ Noize) come through on Graymatter for the most part. The only tracks that don't bump are "The Suare" and "Head Check"-yo, someone give those joints new boobs and a rhinoplasty.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player