Meanderthals Desire Lines
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Smalltown Supersound
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Marrying spacious, epic dance production with mellow guitars and taut rhythms, this collaboration between London’s influential Idjut Boys and Oslo’s Rune Lindbæk creates an airy sound that’s both tranquil and richly layered. Opener “Kunst or Ars”—a blend of steel drums, guitar, and wood blocks—is the space-disco driving song of the year. Acoustic squeaks and echoing riffs unfurl across “Desire Lines,” which ends on a synth line Ludovic Navarre would love, while “Collective Fetish” settles into gentle tones, rippling across time. As the title of this collaboration suggests, this music is unconcerned with speed and direction, instead taking a blissful, steady, and spaced-out approach to disco.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player