Meanderthals Desire Lines
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Smalltown Supersound
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Marrying spacious, epic dance production with mellow guitars and taut rhythms, this collaboration between London’s influential Idjut Boys and Oslo’s Rune Lindbæk creates an airy sound that’s both tranquil and richly layered. Opener “Kunst or Ars”—a blend of steel drums, guitar, and wood blocks—is the space-disco driving song of the year. Acoustic squeaks and echoing riffs unfurl across “Desire Lines,” which ends on a synth line Ludovic Navarre would love, while “Collective Fetish” settles into gentle tones, rippling across time. As the title of this collaboration suggests, this music is unconcerned with speed and direction, instead taking a blissful, steady, and spaced-out approach to disco.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player