Meanderthals Desire Lines
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Smalltown Supersound
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Marrying spacious, epic dance production with mellow guitars and taut rhythms, this collaboration between London’s influential Idjut Boys and Oslo’s Rune Lindbæk creates an airy sound that’s both tranquil and richly layered. Opener “Kunst or Ars”—a blend of steel drums, guitar, and wood blocks—is the space-disco driving song of the year. Acoustic squeaks and echoing riffs unfurl across “Desire Lines,” which ends on a synth line Ludovic Navarre would love, while “Collective Fetish” settles into gentle tones, rippling across time. As the title of this collaboration suggests, this music is unconcerned with speed and direction, instead taking a blissful, steady, and spaced-out approach to disco.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player