Meissner/Slavin/Sachs Into The Void
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Sub Rosa
Inspired by the Kazimierz neighborhood of Krakow, Poland, most of whose Jewish inhabitants died in the Holocaust, Into The Void captures the sonic response from three Jewish ambient-music producers: Sebastian Meissner (Klimek, Random Inc., Bizz Circuits), Ran Slavin, and Eran Sachs. Meissner's 11 tense, desolate tracks evoke the hollowed-out feeling of intense sorrow and pity, while also excavating obscure shreds of that culture in John Oswald-esque homage. Over six compositions, the artists show their clicks-and-cuts pedigree with delicately daubed microtonal haikus of riveting content-a heartfelt, abstract tribute to a place irrevocably transformed by hate.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player