Merzbow Minazo Volume One
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Important
Japanoise killer Merzbow returns with four more powerful compositions in the name of animal appreciation and liberation. Comprised of captured field recordings from Minazo, a male elephant seal held in captivity in Tokyo until his untimely death in 2005, Masami Akita (a.k.a. Merzbow) colors an urgent sonic palate of subterranean bass, feedback, and distorted samples of the late Minazo that easily seep deeply into the psyche. Unlike some of Merzbow's sporadically screeching avant-noise, Minazo manages to keep an ongoing tide of rhythm flowing, accenting his bass grumbles and fuzz from all angles.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player