Merzbow Minazo Volume One
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Important
Japanoise killer Merzbow returns with four more powerful compositions in the name of animal appreciation and liberation. Comprised of captured field recordings from Minazo, a male elephant seal held in captivity in Tokyo until his untimely death in 2005, Masami Akita (a.k.a. Merzbow) colors an urgent sonic palate of subterranean bass, feedback, and distorted samples of the late Minazo that easily seep deeply into the psyche. Unlike some of Merzbow's sporadically screeching avant-noise, Minazo manages to keep an ongoing tide of rhythm flowing, accenting his bass grumbles and fuzz from all angles.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player