Messy Marv Get On My Hype
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Rte-Drt
When did ecstasy pills become so damn thuggish? Maybe you should ask Messy Marv. In the most infectious slangin‘ anthem since N.W.A.‘s "Dopeman," Marv pulls no punches as he Frisco drawls his gritty sales pitch for "green big birds, yellow and blue Nikes." The track also scores Bay Area bonus points in the production department: the sinister keyboard-driven beat was made by Droop-E, E-40‘s teenage son.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player