Mestizo and Mike Gao Blindfaith
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Galapagos4
Not unlike many of his Galapagos4 label-mates, Mestizo opts to create hip-hop of the overcast and apocalyptic variety. And considering the current state of affairs in the world, he aptly keeps the vigilance going on his sophomore release, Blindfaith. But this album isn‘t entirely gloomy-new beatsmith Mike Gao counterbalances the darkness with occasionally bouncy output, as on the swing-styled "Pick Up 52‘s." Whatever the mood at hand, these beats and rhymes maintain a level of natural intricacy that requires nothing less than full attentiveness.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player