Metamatics & Norken My Favourite Kind of Irrelevance
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: Hydrogen Dukebox
A Lee Norris production is akin to that dog-eared baseball card you placed at the top of your shoebox stacks as a kid-the face of a familiar, yet largely unsung hero gazing outward every time you opened the lid. For some reason that card was always your favorite, despite it trading for a fraction of that commanded by "bigger" stars. Norris is that woefully underrated producer behind the wobbly, tottering funk of Metamatics, with the ghostly shadows of Detroit omnipresent in his work as Norken. With this release, Hydrogen Dukebox has put together a double-disc compendium chronicling many of Norris' finest moments at bat. And it's home-run material through and through.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player