Mettle Music Moodswings
- Words: Luke Magnuson
- Label: Bar De Lune
In the year since the release of their Toko debut album, Honeycomb Lounge, Mettle Music's Nic Conef and Mark Wadsworth have revised their sound to include a much wider variety of influences and textures. Released on Ashford, England's Bar De Lune, Moodswings builds on the duo's unrestricted, confident house sound with complex jazz percussion, rich female vocals and superbly layered strings. Perhaps most surprising is "Capture," which begins (as "Part 1") with earthy female vocals and sad acoustic guitar melodies only to develop (as "Part 2") into a digital dub jam that would make Mad Professor proud. By taking a few risks and remaining open to outside influences, the Manchester duo have produced an album that both transcends boundaries and defies categorization, just the way music should. "
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player