Mettle Music Moodswings
- Words: Luke Magnuson
- Label: Bar De Lune
In the year since the release of their Toko debut album, Honeycomb Lounge, Mettle Music's Nic Conef and Mark Wadsworth have revised their sound to include a much wider variety of influences and textures. Released on Ashford, England's Bar De Lune, Moodswings builds on the duo's unrestricted, confident house sound with complex jazz percussion, rich female vocals and superbly layered strings. Perhaps most surprising is "Capture," which begins (as "Part 1") with earthy female vocals and sad acoustic guitar melodies only to develop (as "Part 2") into a digital dub jam that would make Mad Professor proud. By taking a few risks and remaining open to outside influences, the Manchester duo have produced an album that both transcends boundaries and defies categorization, just the way music should. "
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player