Mexican Institute of Sound Mejico Maxico
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Nacional
From the heart of Mexico City comes a touching, sweet audio-collage of a release from Camilo Lara (a.k.a. MIS). Presented almost in sketch form-many of the tunes are under two minutes-the album fuses bits of cumbia and mambo with simple drum programming, dub effects, and keyboards reminiscent of early Luke Vibert or David Holmes (if he'd ended up in Mexico City instead of New York). While not terribly groundbreaking, the album's charm grows with repeated listening and it's a testament to the depth of Mexico's music scene that Nacional's electronic roster reaches well beyond Nortec.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player