Michael Manning Public
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: AI
Manning‘s stream of consciousness flows deep and clear, meandering into fresh territories with the unmistakable resilience of a young producer simultaneously attached and detached from his craft. From the wall-punching glitch-hop grit of "Today" and kaleidoscopic delay of "Sound Check" to the artificial serenity of "Cautionary Tale" and "Waiting for Closure," the album just drips with beauty throughout. The organic appeal of angelic female vocals, subtle atmospheres, and rich instrumentation is gently atomized by Manning‘s light cybernetic touch and cortex-tickling beat production in a manner that continues to make AI one of the most collectible electronic labels around.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player