Michael Manning Public
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: AI
Manning‘s stream of consciousness flows deep and clear, meandering into fresh territories with the unmistakable resilience of a young producer simultaneously attached and detached from his craft. From the wall-punching glitch-hop grit of "Today" and kaleidoscopic delay of "Sound Check" to the artificial serenity of "Cautionary Tale" and "Waiting for Closure," the album just drips with beauty throughout. The organic appeal of angelic female vocals, subtle atmospheres, and rich instrumentation is gently atomized by Manning‘s light cybernetic touch and cortex-tickling beat production in a manner that continues to make AI one of the most collectible electronic labels around.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player