Michael Mayer Touch
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Kompakt
Those familiar with the Kompakt "sound" will find Michael Mayer‘s debut LP a pleasant (if not terribly original) listen. Touch combines elements of techno, house, electro, and–dare I say it–progressive into a user-friendly, non-threatening mélange. Deep-house single "Privat" and the Lil‘ Louis-echoing "Neue Luthersche Fraktur" are both solid tracks, but the standouts come later, Though awkwardly named, "Funky Haddicap" is far from it–heroin strings and warbly Em-u-sampled basslines meet pre-pubescent vocals over a lush, chugging rhythm. "Amabile" is one of those triplet-beat tracks that have been appearing lately–pulsating, hypnotic, and unabashedly digital, it is by far the best moment on this album. Given a chance, this LP may Touch you after all.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player