Mike Shannon Possible Conclusions to Stories That Never End
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: ~scape
In Mike Shannon's "Remembrance," vocalist Anais walks through the streets and mourns past summer rains. A stranger follows, cracking the earth with each step in a dub rhythm. It's only one moment in a record full of ominous vibes, one that finds the Canadian techno producer fusing noir jazz, rickety digital-dub, and hallucinatory field recordings (i.e. snippets of newscasters morphing into rainfall). Possible Conclusions is haunted by an overall sense that somebody is looking over your shoulder but will not touch you just yet.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player