Mike Shannon Possible Conclusions to Stories That Never End
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: ~scape
In Mike Shannon's "Remembrance," vocalist Anais walks through the streets and mourns past summer rains. A stranger follows, cracking the earth with each step in a dub rhythm. It's only one moment in a record full of ominous vibes, one that finds the Canadian techno producer fusing noir jazz, rickety digital-dub, and hallucinatory field recordings (i.e. snippets of newscasters morphing into rainfall). Possible Conclusions is haunted by an overall sense that somebody is looking over your shoulder but will not touch you just yet.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player