Mike Shannon Possible Conclusions to Stories That Never End
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: ~scape
In Mike Shannon's "Remembrance," vocalist Anais walks through the streets and mourns past summer rains. A stranger follows, cracking the earth with each step in a dub rhythm. It's only one moment in a record full of ominous vibes, one that finds the Canadian techno producer fusing noir jazz, rickety digital-dub, and hallucinatory field recordings (i.e. snippets of newscasters morphing into rainfall). Possible Conclusions is haunted by an overall sense that somebody is looking over your shoulder but will not touch you just yet.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player